Nexsan®, a leading independent provider of disk-based storage systems, has announced the NST5000 Family of unified storage systems. The NST5000 systems are feature-rich, and introduce the revolutionary FASTierTM cache, which utilses multiple SSD technologies that work transparently to boost performance for random I/O workloads including applications that are run on top of virtualized computing environments such as VMware, Xen and Hyper-V.
The NST5000 Family is the latest addition to Nexsan's Flexible Storage Platform. It fills the need for unified NAS and iSCSI storage, complementing the E-Series Fibre Channel and iSCSI block storage systems and the industry-leading CAS-based and highly secure Assureon® archive and cloud storage systems.
Key features of the Nexsan NST5000 Family include:
- FASTierTM, an exclusive Nexsan feature which leverages multiple tiers of SSD technology to accelerate storage system performance with NL-SAS, SATA or SAS drives - ideal for virtualized operating environments or random I/O workloads.
- AutoMAID® Technology, delivering "Speed with Green" for up to 85% reduction in power consumption for popular applications such as backup to disk or general file storage.
- Extreme Density with Active Drawer TechnologyTM, a revolutionary approach to simplifying maintenance of high density storage systems by providing continuous operation even when one of the drive drawers is opened to service disks or fans.
- High Availability featuring dual redundant hot-pluggable storage controllers with automatic failover for no single point-of-failure configurations.
- Storage Virtualization enabled features with the flexibility to pool multiple LUNs and add additional storage on-the-fly with automatic storage I/O rebalancing.
- Shared Files for servers and users via CIFS, NFS, or both protocols simultaneously.
- Data Protection with support for snapshots, asynchronous replication, and NDMP.
- Rapid Deployment in which the system is up and running in just 15 minutes.
Click here to download datasheets and get more information on the Nexsan NST5000 series